My First Post!
Why this blog? Well, I seem to come up with a new career every day. Sometimes they're good ones (physical therapist?), sometimes they suck (knitting instructor?). I want to post them here so that I have a record of my thought process. And also, people can comment on my latest and greatest.Had martinis with Marisa at AIX tonight and hashed out the career situation. Luckily / unforunately, we're in the same spot: totally stuck, overwhelmed my our options. But maybe we can help each other, too.
I've been thinking heavily about business school, because it's practical and perhaps a good way to explore while getting a useful degree. It might be a great way for me to play without having to decide anything right away... and it might be the only way to discover my career path. Who knows. I think I'd enjoy getting the degree, at least.
Marisa suggested Corporate Psychologist, although neither of us really knows what that means. I'm going to look into that now.
Other idea from yesterday: Public Policy at the Conference Board
And in case you're wondering, I'm an ENFJ. Or an ESFJ. I couldn't decide (shocking!).


1 Comments:
Business school/MBA is an (almost) no-lose option that will exponentially expand your contacts and, through them, ideas about career path. Issue: cash flow for tuition AND living expenses. Possible work-around: MBA at night.
Post a Comment
<< Home