Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"Corporate Psychologist"

Turns out Corporate Psychologist just means Consultant.

Maybe I should investigate the Consulting thing again. I'm just concerned about travel-- I hate travelling. Left a message for Dabelon, will ask about IBM Consulting and Deloitte.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think consulting sounds great! Although I am not sure what they do exactly, I think they figure stuff out and you since are a good problem solver it could be interesting!! Maybe you can consult for an industry you are interested in like textiles (yarn) or semi-precious metals (needles)...

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corporate psychologists are generally involved in improving business performance. A lot of this work is on the individual level-this involves job coaching to increase individual performance. It can also occur on a bigger level including working with teams, succession planning, and problems that are occuring in the organization. Corporate psychologists are also used in hiring decisions for some big corporations. In order to become an organizational psychologist you could come and join me down here in Philly (I know you love the aerobed) or you could become an organizational consultant or coach...which does pretty much the same thing, minus some testing that psychologists can do, and is becoming a big industry. You could probably find a certification program somewhere in NYC.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I'm taking a course on organizational psychology this semester...so give me a call if you have any questions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home