Even the cat is angry that I haven't posted in a week
I know, guys, it's disappointing. Not only has it been nearly a week since I posted to the blog, but my last post didn't even have funny pictures.
I know, I'm sorry, I won't do it again!
So here's the update. I spoke to a rep at NYU Wagner. I asked her about the relative strength of my application, and she basically shooed away my good grades, etc, and asked me what I want to do with my degree, because that's what they really care about. Well, shucks, that's the ONE thing I don't know. I could make something up and get myself in, I'm sure, but the message was loud and clear: figure out what it is you want to do, then come talk to us. And give us all of your money.

Yesss, I'll give you an "M.P.A." for ... One Million Dollars!!!
So the MPA is now off the table until I get a job in a non-profit or government job and see that I actually need an MPA to get ahead in my field. I think it was just really exciting to think about going back to school and start learning things again. (I hear all of you in school collectively rolling your eyes right now. Stop.)
What's next, then? I'm continuing the daily comb-through of idealist, and I've added nytimes.com to my daily checker. On top of that, I think I'm going to start looking into healthcare professions... again. I don't really know much about them -- nutritionist, physical therapist, hospital administrator, etc. -- which is why I think I might check out this one-day NYU workshop called "Careers in Healthcare: A Booming Industry to Explore". It goes through what all the different careers are and what degrees you need in order to pursue them. It sounds like a good way to explore the industry. There's also a teaching one where you explore teaching for the day. But that's not until June, so I'll see how the healthcare one goes first.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home