Thursday, April 06, 2006

Myers-Briggs and I are Tight

I get it, I'm an ENFJ. The Do What You Are book said so, and now my second career test with the career counselor (CC) says so, too. That means that I am:

Responsible and responsive. Feel real concern for what others think and want, and try to handle things with due regard for other's feelings. Can present a proposal or lead a group discussion with east and tact. Sociable, popular, sympathetic. Responsive to praise and criticism. Like to facilitate others and enable people to acheive their potential.

With ease and tact? Okay, I'll admit that it's pretty accurate, although these things do have a bit of a horoscope feel to them ("You're very nice! And you like people! Sometimes you're happy, and other times not!"). I don't totally understand how this is supposed to relate to my career in a specific, guided, tell-me-what-I-should-be kind of way; however, the CC said that I am 100% E in ENFJ, meaning that I answered all of the "extravert / introvert" questions as an extravert. Which means that it's kind of silly for me to be working with excel spreadsheets all day, when I'm best, or rather, would be most happy, working with people all day. As it is now, most of my daily "people" communication happen via e-mail and IM.


People. I Love 'Em.

So my newfound awareness of how important it is to work with people, in combination with all of the Events Planning suggestions, have helped fuel my recent foray into one or two Event Planning job apps. As always, I'll keep you all posted on my ideas. But Event Planning is my career plan for TWO DAYS IN A ROW, which is huge. Here's hoping for two days and a weekend... I'm going to talk to Smellissa and a friend of a friend tonight about the Event Planning.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice group of people you assembled there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home