Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ironically, I did spellcheck this one, just in case

I realized today that perhaps my cover letters aren't up to par. The old, "So... look, I don't really have a lot of experience here, but I'm smart... and I KNIT! I could teach you how to knit! And I'm really good at spelling. Without spellcheck. Um, and I can run four miles without getting super tired. So, give me a chance. You know you want to! Nice shoes. Love, Amanda" may not be working in my favor.

I've been informed that this "bookstore" place has books on how to improve cover letters, as well as the general career humdrum, which I could probably use given that I am trying to sell myself to companies mostly based on my transferable skills and enthusiasm. I plan on borrowing a particular book from a friend, who swears that after following the CL advice for one weekend, she sent out three CLs, and got three calls back. Success!


Three calls in one weekend? AWESOME!

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a book I need to read! Tell me how it works.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is anyone else beginning to think that Amanda should become a professional career counselor for others? ;-)

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about a professional blogger :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home